Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Yarn Along...

Still working on the Kilim Throw...   It seems I've slowed down, as last Wednesday I was nearly half finished and now a week later I'm just a little over the half-way mark.   I did decide to add some rows to make this longer so my half-way mark moved, but still...  I hope to get some more momentum going on this and get it finished soon.  Then again, it's been such a mild winter I'm not sure it will get cold enough to really enjoy this lusciously thick blanket before spring.   No complaints from me on that count!

Last weekend I picked up Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and I can't believe how good this story is.  It is a Christian fiction novel that is meant to parallel (in many ways) the book of Hosea in the Bible.  It's a story about a man who marries a prostitute and remains faithful (in spite of incredible odds) to helping her heal from the damaging things that have been done to her - from childhood on.  It's heartbreaking, insightful, and inspiring.  This story is a beautiful analogy of all that we're told in scripture about God's capacity for forgiveness and His desire to redeem the broken and lost.   I highly recommend this book.

To see what others are making and reading, click on the graphic below to go to Ginny Sheller's Yarn Along.

http://www.gsheller.com/2016/02/yarn-along-265.html

15 comments:

  1. that blanket is beautiful! things often go more slowly than what I wish! I have not read this book but know many who would love it... sounds intriguing... our God is so full of mercy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is excellent. I am motivated now to read the book of Hosea (again? for the first time? I'm honestly not sure). I have a feeling I will read it with new appreciation and understanding. God is indeed merciful. And patient. And all things good...

      Delete
  2. I love the way those colors are blending in your wrap. Such strange warm weather this winter for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get a cold snap next week, so maybe I'll be motivated to get this finished so I can enjoy it yet this winter. :^)

      Delete
  3. I read Redeeming love years and years ago and I still remember how good it was. I wish I could find another good read like that. Beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my - this book is so good. I can't seem to put it down. But I must from time to or else I'd get nothing else done. I will say, this is the quickest I've ever read a 450+ page book!

      Delete
  4. I love the colors in the throw. It looks like something to spend a few hours wrapped in while drinking tea by the fire. I might have to make one!
    thank you for stopping by
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagining such a picture makes me smile. :^)

      Delete
  5. I adore the colors in that throw, and the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. Say...I'd love to be able to see your new blog, but your settings are such that I can't access it. I also can't find a way to e-mail you to ask permission to read it. Hopefully you'll see this and I'll hear from you. If not... :^(

      Delete
  7. These colors are so good together! It looks like patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alina. It does sort of have a vintage-y feel.

      Delete
  8. That blanket is so gorgeous, I love the mix of colours :)

    ReplyDelete