Sunday, October 2, 2016

Simple pleasures...

While you wouldn't know it from any pictures I've taken, or crochet talk I've been talkin', I am working on my 2nd Spice of Life blanket.  I could probably finish the body in a quick session, but then it would need blocking before I add the border.  Sounds easy enough.  The problem is I've still got enough of a remnant of vertigo in my head that a simple thing like bending over and looking straight down (like I would need to do to pin something to block) is still making me woozy.  Since I'm under no pressure to finish the blanket, I've decided to just take my sweet time finishing crocheting those last fews rows, trusting that one of these day I'll feel totally normal again and I'll get that baby blocked and bordered.

Until then I'm making things that don't require blocking.  :)  Simple things.

Like knitted dishcloths:

Three new cloths in the colors of autumn.  Bring on that autumn weather!


And this Chicken Hotpad:


Is it wrong to be smitten with something that comes off one's own hook?  I may be a little too excited about this cute little hen, but I'm thinking I see more of these in my crochet future.  I've made notes on my project page, so replicating this, or making a whole flock of new and varied ones should be a piece of cake.  I don't know if this will be a gift for someone, or if I'll add it to my potholder collection, but I'm totally lovin' this little chicken.  :)


To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit this week's thread on Ravelry.




13 comments:

  1. Your knitting is looking great!!! Love the chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothes are very nice but the hen........oh my, I'm in love. I sure hope that vertigo leaves you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love your chicken. I made 1 of those an they were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! The dishcloths are like vintage Neapolitan ice cream. And this chicken/rooster one is cute and fun. I sent the pattern link to me mum. I'm sorry you're having vertigo right now. I hope there is someway to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken is absolutely perfect. Make a few more. They will make lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, Becki. Thank you so much for taking that extra time to check out our HP dinner. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve to be smitten. That chicken hotpad is fantastic. As are your autumn coloured dishclothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve to be smitten. That chicken hotpad is fantastic. As are your autumn coloured dishclothes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should definitely be smitten with your chicken pot hold. It is awesome! Your knit wash cloths are pretty awesome too, such lovely colors. Can't wait to see your finished blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so cute! This little hen is amazing!! And I love your knit collection of cloths - the colors are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, the chicken is gorgeous!! I also love the dishcloths. Hope the vertigo goes completely soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is it about your projects that I just love everything you do!?!? They might not be things that I would pick out and then when you make then I've got to have it! It's a combination, I think, of your skill as a crocheter, your ability to choose great colors to go together and your great sense of choosing great patterns. I'm so lucky to have you as a blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Sam. This is just such an amazingly nice thing you've written. I'm glad to have you as a blogger friend, too! :)

      Delete