Sunday, June 18, 2017

Wibbly Wobbly Fairly Isleish...

I started crocheting the Fair Isleish Cardigan this week.  On one hand I love how simple the pattern is.  On the other hand, I'm baffled at how each row starts with a loose single crochet and then a double crochet stitch.  For me this resulted in edges that are all wibbly wobbly:


Wishing now I had followed my instincts and started each row with a standing double crochet, but there wasn't a single complaint or caution in all the projects listed on Ravelry by people who had made this pattern, so I decided to just trust the pattern and do as the designer said.  I'm seriously wondering if the problem is me or the pattern.

Hopefully I can get all the crookedness blocked out before crocheting the bands on both sides of the center opening and all will be okay in the end.

We'll see.  I hope to finish this little sweater by next week for my final round-up of this YOP year's projects.    Next week is the wrap-up week and then on July 2nd we will all post our goals for the next YOP year.

On that note, let me issue another invitation to all you creative folks who also enjoying blogging.  We'd love for you to consider joining us in the Year of Projects group on Ravelry.  Come check us out and see what it's all about.



And let me leave you with a picture of me as a passenger today in a new Jaguar driven by my brother-in-law -- car salesman extraordinaire of very expensive cars.    He brought a Jag off the lot to our Father's Day celebration to give his dad a ride and some of the rest of us got in on the fun, too.
 


Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

  1. You look like you belong in that Jag. Thst is a strange start of a row on the sweater. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being a crocheter I can't notice the wibbly wobbly but perhaps it will block out. It is a very very cute pattern. As a knitter it astonishes me that one stitch at a time will produce a garment. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm nice car! Hope the sweater is working out, perhaps the edging pulls it all together?

    ReplyDelete