Sunday, December 17, 2017

Getting back to a special shawl...

Unlike so many of my crafting buddies, I didn't make a single Christmas gift this year (and at this point have no intention to), so this upcoming week I think I'll focus on trying to finish my Lost in Time Shawl/Scarf.   That is, between any days I may be called to work and any Christmas preparations I may find myself busy with.  I'm hoping for a quiet week of cleaning, cooking and crocheting.  Not necessarily in that order.  😉


I haven't touched this project for months now and I'm afraid I'm going to have become reacquainted with the pattern.  If I remember correctly, though,  it is nearly finished and maybe only needs the final round crocheted and some tassels added (I think I want tassels) and I should be done.   As long as I like the size, it doesn't need blocking.  I don't know if most people block theirs because they want it to be larger, or if other yarns didn't behave as nicely as this yarn did for me.  The yarn I'm using is Stylecraft Batik.  I love it.

I have a new (purple) coat on its way to me.  I'm hoping to have this scarf finished soon and, assuming my new coat fits, I'm hoping it's chilly enough to wear it and and this scarf for Christmas.  Merry Christmas to me!  😊

And on that note, I doubt that I'll be in here next weekend (seeing as Sunday is Christmas Eve, that will be a busy day I think) so today let me say Merry Christmas to you!  Hopefully, I'll be back by New Year's Eve and can show this pretty scarf complete and tasseled.  


To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.



7 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fabulous Christmas. That shawl will be perfect with your new purple coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! It was only after reading your first few sentences that I realized that I didn't knit any Christmas presents either! That's probably a first, and it might be why I feel so relaxed about the upcoming festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becki! :)) Merry Christmas to you too!!! I hope you have a wonderful time! Oh, and Merry Christmas to your new purple coat, I love that, I hope you post a picture!! The shawl colours are really pretty.

    I only have Alex to buy for. He only has me, so we don't feel the onslaught of pressure for Christmas gifts. Maybe that's why I love to make them, no pressure so it's pleasurable. I sewed him a pair of PJ pants as part of his gift. I did some knitting, the pet stockings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. I love that blanket. I only knit one tiny little thing for Christmas this year (well, really it was an Advent present). I am selfishly only knitting for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becki, thst scsrf has always caught my eye. It is so pretty and I love all the textures in it.

    Have a very merry and blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl looks absolutely beautiful and I'm excited to see it with your new coat. Have a blessed Christmas holiday and a very Happy New Year, too!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl looks stunning - looking forward to seeing it once it's finished!

    Hope you have a lovely and peaceful Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete