Sunday, January 14, 2018

A light week crochet-wise...

Trying to give my wrist a rest, I did a pretty good job of laying off crocheting most of the week, but by Friday I was chomping at the bit to play with yarn.

I think I needed to finish only one of the squares below for my Last Dance blanket:


And now I have just 4 more designs to go!  Or 16 more squares. I'm seeing the end of this project!

~~~~~

And then I worked a few more rounds on my pillow top (again, using the Elements pattern):

It's interesting to see this change with each round.  

And that's basically it.  Because I had to buy a few more skeins of yarn to finish up the pillow above, my stash reduction progress took a hit. But overall, there's still a loss.  Of .11 skeins.  😏   It's going to be mighty slow going at this rate.  But still it's progress.  Most of the yarn I bought will get worked into the pillow, so I'll probably show some sudden progress in a few weeks.

To see what other YOPpers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.



2018 Yarn Stash-Down:  .11/100 Skeins

18 comments:

  1. I admire the fact you made it to Friday before grabbing yarn. Your blanket squares are always so lovely and perfectly square! I am enjoying watching your pillow top take shape.

    Hopefully your wrist will continue to play nice this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm paying for it now. My wrist is sore again. I've done more work on my pillow and am anxious to see it finished. I don't know when I'm going to give my arm enough rest to truly heal. It may take doctor's orders to do that...

      Delete
  2. I love the pillow, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you wrist is better enough to crochet. the squares are lovely and look so soft. Can't wait to see them all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news that your wrist is good to go! The squares are lovely, can't wait to see the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really "good to go". I'm just ignoring the discomfort at this point.

      Delete
  5. Your Elements pillow top is so very pretty! I believe if you buy yarn and use it right away it doesn't count as stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh! I hadn't heard that rule! lol I'm afraid I already counted it, but I'll consider that the next time I "need" to buy yarn.

      Delete
  6. You are the best crocheter I have ever known! Everything you crochet and knit is just perfection! I can't wait to see your Last Dance put together and the colors in your pillow are simply lovely. You are the best on putting colors together. I hope your wrist feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sam, you are so sweet. Actually, too sweet. ;^) My knitting is so far from perfection I still don't call myself a knitter. And crochet?
      Well, it's easy to make correct mistakes in crochet and make it look good. I can't wait to see my Last Dance completed either. I'm a little scared of joining, but once I get that done, I'll feel like I've truly accomplished something.

      Delete
  7. That pillow top is gorgeous. I love the colours. I enjoy watching it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your squares look great! I love your crochet work. I hope your wrist is okay, did you hurt yourself? With a sore wrist, you did a lot of crocheting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a late response, but yes, I must have aggravated my wrist somehow. I have developed a cyst on the underside of my wrist and now a few weeks after first noticing it, it still gets to hurting sometimes. :/

      Delete
  9. OMGoodness, you are an amazing hooker ;O). That pillow top is awesome. I'm not doing YOP anymore but I've added your blog to my Bloglovin' reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thanks, Stefanie. I miss you as a YOPper!

      Delete