Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Random Moments

My boys sometimes tell me I'm random.

Thinking that is not quite a complement, I try to deny it. Though I've had to admit that sometimes my thoughts do come out in a rather random fashion. Somehow with my girlfriends the free-flowing conversations don't sound so random. With my boys, they evidently do.

Personally....I prefer to think of my occasionally saying random things as "seizing the moment".

Like this morning when my teen walked by on his way to the bathroom to take his shower. His hair was all mussy and his eyes were only half opened. I said good morning. He said good morning back. I decided to seize the moment and said, "I love you."

He looked at me funny and said, "Mom, you are so random."

I said, "No I'm not." Denying it (like I always do).

He didn't buy it. He insisted I was random (like he always does).

I said, "Well okay....but telling someone you love them is supposed to be random."

He smiled and said, "Okay. Love you too, Mom."

Seize the day! One random moment at a time.




And they think I'm random....
------------------

1 comment:

  1. ha. ha. cute post. made me smile. i have to agree with Joel - that was pretty random. But random can be great! ;0

    love the picture too...

    ReplyDelete