My Lost In Time Shawl/scarf is finally blocked, tassled, and ends woven in:
I'm mostly pleased with it, but I'm tempted to regret my tassels. Not that I made tassels, but that I used all the colors in my scarf in the tassels. They look a little clown-like to me.
And what's up with all those uneven ends?!? I've trimmed these things at least a half a dozen times. But then I take a picture and they're shaggy again. And maybe they're too long? I don't know. I can always trim them up (again), but I don't really know what size (length) of tassel looks best on a shawl like this. I'm open to suggestions.
One thing I'm very pleased with is how I finished off the edges:
Basically, I followed the instructions for the border, but when I made the picots, I caught that stitch in the back of the corresponding stitch in the last row of the shawl itself (catching up, also, the chain-5 in the first row of the border. None of that will be clear unless you're making the shawl for yourself. I'm just making note of this for myself to remember in the future, and for anyone else who may be curious how I did that. Basically, it eliminates the dangling border that the pattern creates.
I want to make another one of these - the pattern is that easy. But next time I want to use a self-striping yarn (like Red Heart Unforgettable, or Lion Brand's Mandala yarn). Or... this shawl is beautiful done in a single color, too. Mine above is made using Stylecraft Batik. I love the stonewashed look of this yarn and the easy care of 80% acrylic and 20% wool fibers.
I won't be making it again too soon, though. I've got my sights set on some other projects. I have more projects that have also been languishing, and I'm hosting a CAL in the Our Happy CAL Place on Ravelry in January where the theme is Pillows. So it looks like I'll be making a pillow here shortly... I'm thinking of using the first two weeks of the Elements blanket to make a pillow.
To see what other YOPpers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.
Happy New Year, everyone!