Sunday, October 29, 2017

Marking stitches...

This week turned out to be anything but full of leisurely crochet that I anticipated when I wrote my YOP post last weekend.

I've been doing some part-time companion care for an elderly lady since mid-summer (basically, I'm a fill-in for her regular care-giver).  Well, this week the regular gal took ill and I ended up working every day (or evening) except Tuesday.  I'm not complaining - I've really grown to love the woman I "keep company with" and the pay feels generous to me.   BUT...  When I have a week like this I realize how hard it is to get anything else done!  It's all very good, but it's not my normal.  And oh, my house shows it.  Not that I'm a model housekeeper (I am not), but sparing you the details...  it looks a bit rough here.  I desperately want to declutter and vacuum and dust!

All that said...  I did make something this weekend!  Yes, I did.

I was inspired by Sandra at http://farmgirlsam.blogspot.com/ to get out my beads and wires and all the paraphernalia needed to make some stitch markers.  And on Saturday I set up a little stitch marker factory on my dining room table.


I made some fun and funky ones:


And then I decided it would be really clever of me to make some autumny-looking ones: 

I know these look like two pictures of the same markers, but they're actually two different sets.



And since Christmas is right around the corner, I decided I might as well make me some holiday-inspired stitch markers:

And lastly, I decided to make some knitting stitch markers because well...  I haven't given up completely on the idea of knitting something substantial enough that some knitting stitch markers will be a necessity.

Granted, they are not the most sophisticated-looking, but I can't get over how easy these were to make:


And that's pretty much it, folks.  I crocheted just a bit in the evenings on my Leaping Stripes and Blocks blanket, but it looks essentially the same as it did last Sunday, so I don't see a point in taking a picture.

This week I hope to catch up some on my Last Dance squares, and maybe even finish a WIP.  Big talk, I know.  Check back here next week to see what I actually manage to accomplish.




To see what other YOPPERS are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.

6 comments:

  1. OOOHHHH................Now I want to go and make stitch markers. Yours are just lovely. I love the fact you make them for seasonal times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need any more stitch markers, but if I did.....yours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those are so gorgeous. What a lovely bead collection you have😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got serious marker envy now! They are so lovely, especially the owl ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go! I still haven't even ordered my supplies! I have no jewelry making anything so it is all new to me. It wasn't in the budget last month. Yours are gorgeous! I don't know the first thing so I have been taking tutorials on You Tube....I like how you just do things while I sit there and research and procrastinate...I should be ashamed but in my defense....I have a zillion projects right now that require supplies and if I ordered them all at once I wouldn't eat....so that's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL! You go girl! I told you....you're my role model!

    ReplyDelete