Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve...

First of all, do not adjust your monitor, or clean your glasses.  The pictures below truly are as blurry as they appear.  Why I'm sharing them is anyone's guess, but I'll at least keep them small so as to minimize the chance of you getting nauseous viewing them.

I originally had no intention of even posting today, but our sons are out spending some time together tonight and hubs and I are home relaxing after our Christmas Eve service and I'm (rather disappointedly) perusing fuzzy photos of the day and I thought, "Oh, why not?"  Someday, someone may be happy to have even a fuzzy picture of me since I so rarely pose for a photo.

So here goes...

Just before unwrapping presents, hubby snapped a picture of me relaxing in the recliner:
Pay no attention to the date stamp.  Not only could we not manage 
to get any pictures in focus, but we didn't realize the date stamp was off by 5 1/2 years..


I didn't pick up my crochet hook all week, but here's a picture
with me and the best things I have ever had a part in making:

We're not normally so "cheesy", but someone was misbehavin' and 
it was all we could do to hold still.

                                                                     Of course, I'd never rat out the misbehavin' one...

After dinner and a game (that I can barely comprehend  - Sentinels of the Multiverse) my husband and I headed to church in the driving snow for our Christmas Eve service because we had sound and computer duty.  And the boys headed to the eldest brother's apartment (for more games, I'm sure).

The Christmas Eve service was lovely as always and since the projector wasn't working, hubs was relieved of computer duty and had nothing better to do than snap pictures of me on the soundboard.  It was dark and, of course, the pictures are grainy and out of focus.   Mixing sound was the most creative thing I did all week:
I love running a soundboard, but just between you and me, I much
prefer mixing sound on an analog board.  That said, our new digital
mixer sure looks pretty when it's all lit up in Christmas colors.   ðŸ˜ƒ



                                                                          And this view of the sanctuary lit up by candle light 
                                                                                         was my favorite one all week:


And that was my Christmas Eve.  Tomorrow we spend part of the day with the in-laws at husband's parents - and will take more fuzzy pictures, no doubt!

For now... Merry Christmas!  Happy Hollerdays!  Find Joy!



10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas dear friend!!!! I love your blurry pictures and a little slice of your life with your family. What a handsome crew you all make! You are very photogenic....me not so much....or else it's really how I look and I can't face it? So neat that you had snow on Christmas Eve and who doesn't love a candlelight service...except those ones at midnight! At my age I would never be able to stay up that late. I tried to find a service on You Tube but didn't have much luck so I read The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren....my own little Christmas tradition. I hope you have a wonderful day today with your family and I am very impressed with your sound board expertise....who knew you had that secret part of your life? You are definitely multi-talented! Best wishes for the New Year ahead too! Hugs ~ Sam P.S. Get that hook and some yarn out....it's time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandra, if you only knew how not-photogenic I truly am, you'd understand why I posted these blurry pictures. I finally had some pictures where I wasn't absolutely mortified at how I look. In fact, I was seriously disappointed that they were blurry.

      We had a good day today with the extended family. We found out that our nephew and his bride of two years are expecting the first grandchild (and great-grandchild) on my husband's side of the family so there was much happiness and chatter about that. Lord, willing, next year we'll be playing "pass the baby" at our extended family Christmas gathering. ;^)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely family you have! I loved seeing all the photos you shared. Merry Christmas, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! Christ is born!!! Glorify Him!!! I love services by candle light, so intimate and special!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly, Elizabeth! And on Christmas Eve in particular, everyone seems infused with joy and love.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas. What a lovely family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becki! :)) I love the photos, you all look so happy! :) You are very talented, I can't even imagine using a soundboard, looks like to many buttons! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How blessed you were to have your boys home with you for Christmas. Your photos were not THAT blurry. Infact, I thought they were pretty good. Ok, the one at church was a bit grainy, but when you take an evening shot without flash, that is the results. My Grand daughter is learning the audio visual boards at our church. She loves all the techie stuff. Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete