Friday, December 14, 2018

Little Dresses...

Last year I wrote about being part of a group of ladies who were making dresses for little girls who live in areas where a simple dress (and pants or shorts for a boy) can possibly make a difference in the life of a child.  Read my post here  (and scroll down near the bottom of that post) if you're at all curious about that..




Well, this week, the group was featured in one of our county's news publications:


Southside Boomers, Winter 2018  - page 10 to be exact.



I ended up dropping out of the monthly sewing sessions this past spring because it conflicted with my ESL tutoring schedule, but I'm so excited for the group that they were highlighted and that this ministry received broader exposure.  Not all of the women involved were there the day the photographs were taken, but seeing the ladies and some of the dresses they've recently made truly warms my heart.  


That's all...  Just thought I'd share what crossed my path this week. 





7 comments:

  1. that's really nice! I hope this does indeed help the children they are made for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local quilt guild makes the little dresses out of pillowcases and often do workshops where they make a bunch of them for donation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the photo of the girls wearing the dresses...just beautiful! https://www.lbg-studio.com/2009/01/dress-girl-around-world-sew-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project and bless those that contribute to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice Becki. How wonderful, such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great to be recognized for a good cause. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete