Thursday, November 15, 2018

Winter has arrived early this year...

Last night, the winds and freezing rain brought down 
most of the remaining leaves.  





And, in the process, crusted everything over with an icy glaze.



We went to bed forewarned that morning would bring 
a blanket of snow over icy roads.  I fell asleep praying for a restful night for my loved ones and safety as they traversed the city streets and interstate in the morning. 


This morning I was glad to see the weatherman was wrong.

While most everything else has an icy crust, 
the roads themselves didn't freeze - to everyone's relief, I'm sure.  

That said, I'm just as happy to not have to go out in the 
freezing drizzle today.

By late in the day, the ice was melting and dropping and looked like bits of shattered glass...




9 comments:

  1. Those are some great photos. So glad the roads aren't icy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Marsha. I woke up with nothing to write about on NaBloPoMo Day 15. So while I seriously am not ready for winter, I was kind of glad for something different to take a picture of. :)

      Delete
  2. What? Usually freezing rain is our modus operendum. You got the freezing rain in the North while we got snow in the South, go figure!?! We got several inches and it was 22 F this morning. Even the dogs didn't want to stay out very long! LOL! So happy the roads didn't freeze over. There isn't enough time to pray for all the scary things that go on in our world. I'm glad there are some people that make it a career! We need them! They should all get a hefty raise! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice on the roads scares me silly. Especially when it comes to my guys driving on it. It probably worries me far more than it does my adult sons. Praying is better than worrying so I look on it as an opportunity to pray for my guys and let them know I'm praying. Of course, they just think that's code-speak for "mom's worrying". ;^) They'd probably be disappointed to know how little I actually worry about them... But icy roads! That's another thing altogether!

      Delete
  3. Those frozen ice drips are trippy. Love seeing the fallen leaves. We are cooler here but that's because of all the smoke from the Camp Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious how close you are to the fires, Stef. I'll check out your blog and see if you've written about it.

      Delete
  4. it's snowing here right now! my husband is working from home so that's really nice! hot chocolate and baking DV are in my near future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that early for the east coast? It seems like the weather has been off all year here in the states. Glad your husband could work from home today!

      Delete
  5. Storm supposed to be hitting our area tomorrow - hopefully there won't be any freezing rain involved. We've already had a couple of smaller snowfalls and the resulting drivers who can't seem to remember that they need to slow down and drive according to the conditions. I hate going out for the first few weeks of winter just because nobody knows how to drive. Mind you, I don't know what their excuse is the rest of the time!!

    ReplyDelete