Sunday, November 25, 2018

Short & sweet...

It's been a good week, and we had a very happy Thanksgiving, but I don't have much to show in the knitting or crocheting departments. 

Not feeling like I had enough WIPs, I started a scarf with this beautiful Lion Brand Unique yarn in the colorway, Harvest.   



And I finished this washcloth, which is one of 12 squares in the 12 Blocks for Xmas KAL blanket (only mine is just a washcloth - I'm not making a blanket):
This square is the block called Triangles


And that's truly all the playing with yarn I've done all week.  Someday later this coming week, I'll post a picture of the finished magnets and bookmarks I started last Sunday.  A few of you asked to see them. I have not forgotten. 

My goal from now through the end of the year is to finish or frog projects I currently have on hooks or needles, and to burn through as many skeins of yarns as I can.  As you can see from my notation at the end of this post, I have a long ways to go toward my goal of using up 100-skeins this year, but I'm pretty sure I can get significantly closer if I apply myself.

To see what other YOPers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry!




2018 Yarn Stash-Down:  59.29/100 Skeins





12 comments:

  1. Yes, that yarn is gorgeous! What pattern for the scarf are you using...it looks familiar. Your dish cloth is lovely. Cotton yarn, I assume? Very pretty color and that pattern is really nice for a dishcloth and no holes! I'm not into 'lacy' crochet much. Have a great week and I think you did great for how busy you've been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not using a pattern for the scarf. It's super easy - just hdc's into back loops. I'll explain in more detail (what detail there is to tell) in next Sunday's post when I'll, hopefully, post a finished picture of this scarf.

      Delete
  2. I’m not sure I understand, is your goal to only have 100 skeins left unused in your stash, or to use 100 skeins? The triangles pattern looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I only had 100 skeins. :) My goal this year was to use up 100 skeins out of my humongous stash. My numbers will take a jump once I finish my second Spicier Life Blanket, but I still will have a ways to go to use up 100 skeins. I'm telling myself I'm donating what I need to to meet my 100 skeins gone goal. We'll see!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that Harvest yarn is really pretty! No wonder you had to cast on a new project using it ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours are gorgeous, love the harvest colourway and the mustard is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like those colours in the scarf Becki! and the washcloth looks great and what a useful idea for when you don't want to make the blanket. What a great idea to complete or frog wips that you have, I really like that idea and have a few projects myself that the yarn could be reclaimed if the projects weren't finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorway in the yarn you're using for the scarf - it's no wonder you like it! And is that the washcloth that was giving you fits earlier? It turned out great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was the cloth that sent me into contemplation a week and a half ago. I took it slow, and I was very intentional about not letting mistakes stand - I tinked back every time there was one (though looking at that picture I think there might just be one I missed - and I'm okay with that). That said, while it turned out better than I envisioned, I really don't care for all the unevenness due to varying tension between knit and purl stitches. In the end, I just don't think I love knitting. Not nearly as much as I love crocheting, anyway. ;^)

      Delete
  7. I like the Harvest colorway. Made me think of Fall which makes me ^__^.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dishcloth. It looks like it would be a good scrubber. The colors of the scarf are aptly named. It reminds me of autumn harvest time. Everytime I see your projects in crochet I want to run and dust off my hooks and get back to them. I love the speed of crochet and the comfort it gives to complete a project before seasons change LOL.

    ReplyDelete