Saturday, February 25, 2023

Waiting in the wings...

I've started a gentle getting back to cross stitching, but I also go long stretches forgetting about it. 


The stitching is upside down and what is shown is the back - because that's how I try to store this so dust doesn't fall on the front side.  I had set this aside in our "office" room for I don't know... a couple weeks?  Forgotten and neglected.  When I saw the morning light falling across it through the semi-closed blinds I thought the effect was kind of "atmospheric", as Linda (a fellow needle worker) mentioned one time regarding another photo I posted, so I decided to snap a picture.

The tabletop stitching stand that I bought a few years ago when my hands started hurting is very helpful as my left hand continues to heal from CMC surgery I had five months ago.



12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting back to stitching. Your work is lovely, and you must have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I do miss it, but I'm so out of the habit I find it's not natural for me to just sit down and stitch like I used to do. I find it takes a certain amount of determination to do it anymore. I hope that changes in time. It's such a nice pastime - that (when I stick with it) has a very satisfying result.

      Delete
  2. It's looking lovely, and that's another great photo. I am wanting to start a small new cross stitch I'm in the process of selecting the colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously the sun was showing you the way back to working on it. Not much of a theory, but it's all I got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're doing something wonderful here. I look forward to seeing the completed project but don't hurry. Enjoy the process and put it away when you need to. I understand that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing it finished too, Barbara. I've never done a sampler like this before. It will feel pretty satisfying once completed.

      Delete
  5. You have an eye for the beauty of light. I'm amazed this is the back and I still think it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh. Thank you, Martha. I do enjoy watching how the light streams in through the windows differently at different times of year. In fact, I told myself I was going to take one picture each month of the same spot as the sun is lowering just to see how the sun moved in its orientation (well, actually how we've moved). I got a January picture and then forgot February, I wonder if I can take a picture tonight and just pretend it is February... I will if I can remember - and/or if today's projected rain stops in time.

      Delete