Thursday, February 2, 2023

Fajitas for supper...

 





The seasoning I use is Kroger brand fajita seasoning mix (in the little packet, not bottle - I don't care for the flavor of the Kroger brand seasoning that is sold in the bottle) sprinkled directly on the meat and veggies as they are sautéing in avocado oil.  Chicken sautéed first, then the peppers and onions together - to just barely cooked (I like the veggies a bit crunchy).  The avocado slices are my latest addition.  

An easy, relatively healthy meal made with low carb tortilla shells.

I have no idea if this seasoning mix creates fajitas as they are supposed to taste, but we like it:
photo pulled from Kroger's imstacart.com website


13 comments:

  1. I use the same seasoning. I love fajitas but hubby not so much. I prefer mine over the ones at our local Mexican food restaurants. Avocado is a great idea. We use guacamole on ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, I feel like I should find a homemade mix, but this one is so good. I just happened to have half an avocado in the fridge from the day before. It was a last minute addition. Now I think I need to be sure to have one whenever I make fajitas. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks healthful and delicious. I have some fajita salad mix and I am planning some version of a Mexican meal for my lunch. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Vee, you make me think...we really should just make fajita salad. I'll try that next time. Tortillas are just such a habit I'd never thought of making it into a salad.

      Delete
  3. The phots are beautiful. And it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They were good, Linda. :) I really enjoy everything about making and eating these fajitas. I don't even mind how sloppy they can be.

      Delete
  5. Mmmm! I love fajitas. Avocados were on sale this week and they're just a wee too hard, but in a day or 2 I'll eat them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I had another avocado that was a tad firm. I cut it opened today and it was perfect. I'm still learning how to judge their ripeness. I've lost so many avocados to good intentions, but not enough experience.

      Delete
  6. Your fajitas look and sound delicious! I often get into a cooking rut, so thanks for inspiring a fresh idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it sounds good to you, Cheryl. I get into ruts, too. In the summer Chicken fajitas become part of my rut, they're so easy.

      Delete
  7. mmmm - yum! I could happily tuck into one of those. Your photos are great too - so colorful!

    ReplyDelete