Sunday, May 14, 2017

Round Jacob's Ladder

I had a finish this week!  After much dragging of feet, and mostly ignoring this project over the last month and a half, I actually managed to finish crocheting the Round Jacob's Ladder Baby Blanket:


I don't know why I was so pokey finishing this blanket up because it's truly not hard (once you work the kinks out of the pattern, that is).   I'm pretty sure I'll be hooking up more of these in the future.

And yesterday was middle son's college graduation.  It was a beautiful day in all respects.  It feels so good to see your children succeeding and marking the milestones of their lives, but times like these also make me nostalgic for the days when they were little boys.  Why oh why does the time seem to fly now that those days are passed?

Feeling very pleased and proud of this young man



To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.





12 comments:

  1. Congrats on both the graduation and the blanket. Both projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graduation looks brilliant. I really try to make the most of the time while my boys are little, it's already flying by. Love the blanket, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a Mother's Day you had! Makes a Mother proud and you have every right to be especially since you schooled them! The blanket is beautiful and almost like a work of art that should be hanging in a museum....it reminds of those cathedral windows. So happy for you Becki in all your successful endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandra, thank you for your kind words, but I can't take credit for my sons' successes. Honestly... they've turned out (are turning out) better than I feel we deserve. We're the recipients of many blessings and our three boys are at the top of the list of blessings. Interesting comment on the blanket. A cathedral window. I think those round windows are called rose windows. I can kind of see that. Neat. ;^)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely blog post. Great to see your son and you in that 'proud mother' moment.
    The baby blanket is gorgeous, and neatly stitched too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I found your lovely blog from Ravelry and the Lost in Time crocheted shawl. Your blanket is stunning. Congrats on your son's graduation, too. Sending you greetings from southern California, Pato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly's Mom! I'll have to go see if I can find you in the Lost in Time shawl CAL thread.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blanket - and congrats to your son on his graduation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning crochet piece!!! Love the texture and color play. Congrats to your son, that is definitely a big milestone!

    ReplyDelete