Sunday, March 4, 2018

Things just got a little spicier here...

Having a much better week than the previous two, and inspired to work on something new, I temporarily put aside my Last Dance Blanket and started crocheting a Spicier Life Blanket.


I was missing a couple of colors in my Stylecraft Special DK stash, so I substituted  Claret for Tomato, Parma Violet for Mushroom, and Violet for Grape.  And I think I want to add in some Parchment because it has an interesting vintagifying effect on pretty much anything it rubs up against.

So....  While I'm not completely convinced as I look at what I've completed so far, I've learned with a many-colored project like this, one simply can't tell until several repeats of the colors are used how well one likes the whole effect.  It's ever so slightly excruciating to keep going and all the while second-guessing colors, but for now I'm carrying on and hoping for the best.  This is meant to be a gift, so I really do hope I like it in the end.

It's a beautiful pre-spring weekend here in central Indiana.   This morning some of the extended family met to celebrate my mother-in-law's 87th birthday.  We enjoyed brunch where a nephew (who is a culinary student) works as a chef.  It was fun to visit over some interesting gastronomical delights (most of which were completely new to us) cooked by a young man we've known from birth.  How DOES the time fly so fast? 



And that's all she wrote!  After my long tome last week I thought it best to keep it short this time around.  😉

To see what other YOPers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.






~~~~~

Thank you to all who left sweet comments last week of prayers and hopes for eventual renewed health for my sister.   The month-and-half wait now for surgery is hard, but her spirits seem up and her faith strong.  I'm in awe of the courage and spiritual outlook she expresses.

~~~~~~


10 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a fun family get together!

    I hope the blanket colours work out. I'm rubbish at combining colours in knitting, because I'm generally too matchy-matchy and opt for too little contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too often, feel at a loss for picking out colors. Going with one of the color schemes that I can see pictures of seemed my safest option. I plug on!

      Delete
  2. Now that seems like a much better week! Love the get together and I think the blanket will be gorgeous. I love the multicoloured projects and as Stephen West says if you are unsure about a colour combination, add more colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. That seems to be the philosophy behind the color selection of this blanket. I can't really figure out a theme to the color schemes, other than one of them is bright. They're all pretty in their own way, though, and I figured I was better off going with something that looks nice in a photo rather than striking out on my own. Hopefully, I will not be disappointed. ;^)

      Delete
  3. I think your colors work quite well together.

    What a fun brunch. I am assuming the food was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun group and how neat to get together for brunch by someone you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to see my nephew in his work environment. He was very busy, but he got to come out a couple of times (first to explain some dishes, and near the end to see how we all liked what we ordered). It's good to see the next generation finding their niches.

      Delete
  5. I just finished reading your post from last week and commenting. As for your questions on the blanket on my bed, I answered them below where you made the comment on my post last week? Or the week before?
    I am glad you got to have a little respite from your troubles and a family outing sounds like it was just the ticket! I would love to have a chef in the family and I have one sort of...he's not professional but boy can he cook and he did not get it from me! I love the stripey blanket...of course, you know I have a thing for blankets. I still haven't made the first Spicy Blanket. I love your colors and I have lots of Stylecraft DK.....hmmm....LOL! Here I go again. I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing, stress free week where you can 'crochet your troubles away'....or get some of that Calgon! Take care, sweetie. Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see your reply to me about the crocheted blanket. I'm going to keep in mind to do someday. Thank you for your sweet comment, Sam. I hope you have a good week, too.

      Delete