Sunday, May 19, 2019

Starting things...

Recently I seem to be about starting things.  

Hopefully, soon, I'll be about finishing them. 😉

Shortly after posting last week's YOP post I started on this Blue Tit Cushion:



See the legs and the tip of its tail?  This is a fun project and I hope it doesn't take me long to finish it, but honestly...  I've gotten seriously distracted with cross stitch this week.  Last week Jo-Ann Fabrics had a coupon for 40% off everything that was full price and I just couldn't let it go to waste.  So I made a list of several cross stitch projects I'd like to make, surveyed my collection of floss and fabric that was already in my possession, and made a list for some cross stitch supplies to purchase.

I came home with some Aida and Evenweave cloth in natural colors (I only had white and cream in my stash), and some beautiful floss colors.  Finally having everything I needed, on Thursday I got started on this Partridge in a Pear Tree design:

I like the original design (in the little oval picture frame), but see what looks like gray in the wings in the original design?  What appears to be gray in the original is actually two shades of blue - lighter shades than what is used on the head and underbelly.  I liked the gray.  And I didn't want my partridge to have country-blue wings.  So I'm substituting a couple of colors I had in my stash, and so far I think it's working.   I'm committed at this point, so I'm pretty determined to like it.  Hopefully I'll finish it soon.


~~~~~

And finally... feeling a little regretful that I hadn't even picked up my crochet hook since last weekend, I quickly made a little Sun's Out Coaster:

I've been keeping a crocheted coaster on the computer desk, so this will be a fun one to switch to once it heats up.  Wait a minute...  that would be now!   This is the third day in a row it's been in the 80's here.  And it's humid.  Hopefully, we'll get rain today as the weather pattern pushes through and there'll be some cooler air behind that.  I am not ready for 80 degrees in mid-May.  Come Memorial Day we can expect that kind of heat, but I want me some breezy crisp mornings for another week at least!


To see what other YOPers are up to, 



8 comments:

  1. Your two bird projects are looking good so far. We have a lot of blue tits that come to our feeder every day, along with great tits and the occasional long tail tits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the gray you have chosen for the Partridge is perfect. This is the perfect time of year to be working on cross stitch too. Aida cloth does not lay in a lap as a crochet or knit project does. So as the weather warms up, lighter projects become a must!

    Super cute coaster. It looks like sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cross stitch - and I totally understand taking advantage of a great sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes startitis is just what the soul needs. And thank you for the idea of a crocheted coaster for the computer desk (as I sit here knowing full well my cold glass of water is busily condensing all over mine). I'm fully expecting a sudden influx of heat in this area too - it's been cool and miserable for far too long and I suspect spring is simply going to pass us by and will shove us straight into heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I not publish my post? I am tired for sure. It was Walmart today....need I say more. Anyway, I love the bird and that is like knitted color work where you carry your yarns in the back? Lovely! I got some of her patterns that I still haven't done.
    The partridge is lovely and so are the colors you chose. Glad to see you cross stitching my friend! Also, the coaster is so cute for summer. Get ready for the next craft I am jumping on the band wagon with...get ready....it is arriving Wednesday supposedly so I will post when it gets here. You're going to love it! You will get hooked too...mark my words! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becki :) I love the sun coaster! And the Partridge in a Pear Tree is really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love blue tits, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fun to see what one can buy at a Joann sale. I skipped this Memorial Day one as I was too lazy to go out.

    ReplyDelete