I suppose my YOPing buddies may be thinking about now that I've flown the coop! Truth is, I'm working on crocheting some gifts, but I don't want to show them here before they are received.
But taking a break recently from the gift-making, I decided to make something for myself - just so I could jump back into the YOP group with something to show for my absence.
I can't seem to get enough of the doily called Summer Splendor (by Denise Augostine Owens), as this is my fifth one!
In case someone tries making this doily, I thought I'd mention I changed the final round on this. On Round 26 was changed thusly: sc, ch2, sc in each ch-2 space, and I replaced the chain-5 loop with a 3-chain picot in the middle of each scallop.
I'm chomping at the bit for autumn, so making this in the deep orange-y color, Papaya, seemed appropriate.
I've been thinking of taking stock of all my unfinished projects and maybe start giving some progress reports on them, but that seems like creating a job for myself. And the last thing I want is to turn my hobby into a job...
I hope you're enjoying these last weeks of summer. It's pretty nice and green here in central Indiana, as we were spared the worst of the rains that this part of the U.S. got almost two weeks ago, and had no flooding to speak of in this area. Prayers go out for those who are still cleaning up from those record floods.


I was wondering and hoping all was well. Glad to hear your absence was due to gift giving. Your doilies are so pretty. What a beautiful autumn doily. Very true to keep hobbies as fun and not a chore. Maureen
ReplyDeleteThanks, Maureen!
DeleteYour doily is just beautiful! I can't imagine all the hours and hours of work that went into it.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sue. The hours were pleasurably spent. This doily in particular is kind of relaxing to make. I suppose that's why I've made so many of this pattern.
DeleteI'm chomping at the bit for autumn too! I'm constantly making plans for things to do the minute the weather improves. Love the doily!
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Me too, Amalia. My biggest plans for when it cools down is cleaning up the garden. I have some fall things growing, but I am very ready to cut down the dry, brown plants that aren't producing at this point.
DeleteThat doily is stunning and especially in that color. PERFECT for autumn!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Barbara. It really is a perfect autumn orange.
DeleteI'm glad you didn't have flooding. Your doily is beautiful. I love the color.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Donna!
DeleteThe doily is such a gorgeous colour. It’s giving me all the autumn vibes.
ReplyDeleteAutumn vibes is what I'm going for, Sarah. :D
DeleteAnother gorgeous doily Becki! I can see why you love that pattern so much.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mary Anne. It may sound crazy, but I think I could make this doily dozens of times, in dozens of colors.
DeleteThat's so pretty, very autumnal ready for the next season. I have been thinking of making some Christmas woven gifts which I will also have to hide as my sister and parentsread my blog. Liz (highlandheffalump)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Liz!
DeleteDo you happen to have a correction for Row 25?
ReplyDeleteAnon, I've made this five times and haven't noticed a problem to be corrected on Row 25. If you want to tell me what you're having a problem with, maybe I can help.
DeleteI will say though, I changed up Row 26 to this: 3 scs instead of (sc, ch 2, sc). And a chain-3 picot instead of chain-5. I should add that to my post above.