Sunday, January 17, 2016

A glimpse into my WIP pile...

I really wanted to have a finish to show today, but more confusing points in the Tides of Change pattern and the occasional mistake on my end, combined with the happy interruption of friends dropping in last night meant that a finish was not in my weekend plans.  That's okay, though...  I'll take friends over a finish any day! 

So...   Not having anything new to show I decided to take stock of some unfinished business I really do want to finish - and soon.  So here are just little glimpses of how my WIPs stand today, with the hope that publishing them here serves as a motivation to get 'em done, already!

My Arrowhead Blanket:
I really only need to finish a few rows, sew in what remains of loose ends, and then put a border around it.  I don't believe that all blankets need borders, but this one will definitely benefit.  It will be the first blanket I've ever done a border on.  Let's hope it's a success.

~

A linen stitch scarf I began, oh...I don't know... sometime last autumn (really, how long can a person procrastinate?):
I'm pretty sure all I need to do is sew in all those ends.  Half of them are done already, I've just been dragging my feet finishing it.  We're having a bitter cold snap right now, so perhaps that can be my motivation for getting this over and done with.
 
~


Speaking of procrastinating, I think the last time I even looked at this Starling Bag project was late summer.  I recently uncovered it:
All I need to do is line the finished bag with this pretty fabric.  While this takes a little more thinking about (I'll have to figure out the dimensions of each inside piece and sew it together), it's not like this is rocket science.  Putting this off really makes it seem harder than it is, I know.

~

And last, but not longest lanquished in my WIP pile is my pink Tides of Change:
Actually, this one hasn't languished at all.  I've been crocheting pretty monogamously on this since I began a couple weeks ago.  I just keep being interrupted.  By good things, mind you, but interrupted all the same.  Just 4 more rows, a washing, a blocking, and away it goes!  Out of the WIP basket!

To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit this week's thread on Ravelry.  All the links above will take you to the original designer's pages on Ravelry.  Membership to Ravelry is free and easy.  If you want access to an amazing library of crochet and knit patterns, and one of the most supportive communities on the web, join today!





9 comments:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous and all so nearly finished, you will have three FO's next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of confidence you have in me, Lucy. Or maybe that's just positive reinforcement. If I have one of these finished by next Sunday I'll be happy. More will be a big bonus!

      Delete
  2. Happy interruptions over finishes, any day! How nice!

    I'm so looking forward to seeing the Starling bag finished - the outer bag and the lining fabric are both so gorgeous! Sometimes the hardest part is getting started :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. If I would just start on that lining, I think I'd have it sewn up pretty quickly. I doubt if I'm unique, but procrastination is my bugaboo. It feels like it's the easy path, but in the end, it's what makes everything feel harder!

      Delete
  3. I have one project that has a ton of ends too, I think they multiply when I'm not looking. I love your starling print, it makes me think spring is right around the corner. I just downloaded the Tides of change and I hope to get started soon. I like your choice of colors and can't wait to see the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of spring is a good motivation for trying to get this bag done already. I am doing the Tides blanket as part of a CAL. I will be honest... if I wasn't doing it as a CAL and with the support of some others I might have given up on it already. I have found the pattern-language to sometimes be confusing. Once I understand what the designer is saying, it's actually pretty easy going (until he changes things up again). I wish I could say I love this pattern, but it has been frustrating to me at times. That said, I am thinking of giving another one a try. Don't know if I'm a glutton for punishment, or an eternal optimist. ;^)

      Delete
  4. I love a mini look through wip's and I can't wait to see the starling bag finished, I just love the fabric you've chosen and think it will look amazing inside the bag. ahhh ends yes hate those too, I have to keep stopping my blanket to finish as I'm going otherwise I think I may actually cry at having to do them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to weave in ends as I go, but still there are many to do. I managed to finish the scarf last night, so that's one WIP down! Yay!

      Delete
  5. The bag! Love it! I pinned how to line a bag a while back but haven't done it. I'm not much of a seamstress!

    ReplyDelete