Sunday, August 27, 2017

Granny Triangle Scarf

Last week I found myself  disappointed with the beginnings of a knitted scarf done in Caron Cakes yarn, but this week I found a project that is perfect for them:

A Granny Triangle Scarf in the colorway, Funfetti


And another in the colorway, Cherry Chip


There is a mistake in Row 2 of the pattern - basically, there's an extra stitch sequence - that's pretty obvious as you're working it, but still...  it stopped me for a bit as I sorted out if the mistake was mine, or in the pattern.  I mention it in case anyone goes directly from here to the pattern - I figure if I can save someone a bit of time second-guessing their work, it's worth a mention.

The pattern uses one skein of Caron Cakes yarn.   An easy peasy project that makes a very satisfying finish!  

To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.




12 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! I would have chosen the exact same colors! We are so on the same page! I've 'faved' it of course and now if I could only crochet as beautifully as you do! What fun projects. Have a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them, Sandra. These scarves are so easy to make. If I had a more of this yarn and a reason to make more of these scarves I'd probably make more. It's that easy and satisfying of a pattern to work up.

      Delete
  2. Oh I agree, a much better project! This one just might convince me to pick up a cake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether to be tickled I've possibly influenced you, or apologetic. lol I feel an ambivalence about these cake yarns. They're so pretty in the cake, and I think I want to make something(s) with them, but the abrupt color changes make them not all that great for crochet work, IMO. That said, there's a really cool-looking flower pillow I think I'd love to make someday with one of these yarns. I almost made one out of the Funfetti colorway, but in the end, something quick and easy won out. :)

      Delete
  3. What lovely shawls, the perfect project for the yarn - well done on finding it and sorting out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really pretty Becki! And thank you for your sweet comment today! It's very encouraging...I think you should try making cheese lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! As much as I enjoy cheese, I can't say I have a strong desire to work at making it. That, and I honestly don't think I could handle the long wait time for cheese to age. ;^)

      Delete
  5. I have several of those cakes and am so happy to see how nicely they work up in this pattern. I added it to my library. Thanks, Becki.

    ReplyDelete