Sunday, February 24, 2019

Random yarny makes...

It seems I accomplished very little (yarn-wise) early in the week, and then suddenly had a burst of yarny enthusiasm the last few days.

This past week in Our Happy CAL Place on Ravelry, some of us made these cute Heart Pocket Note Holders.  When I first saw the project I knew I wanted to make one to hang above my kitchen calendar to hold pens that I use to write stuff down with:
   
I feel kind of silly loving something so kitschy.  But I do!


And see how well it coordinates with my calendar, 
and it fills the purpose I envisioned for it perfectly:

By the way, the flower pattern was found here.  It is not part of the note holder pattern - in case anyone is interested.


~~~~~

And then yesterday a new CAL was offered up for these Bowl Cozies:   


Now, let me be clear...  my bowl cozy did not turn out at all like it was supposed to.  Mine did not take on a bowl shape, though to be honest I only made mine single layered, so that is possibly why.  While single-layered is satisfactory for "insulation", mine was pretty floppy and ultimately useless.

Not wanting to give up, I looked at others' projects and noticed that someone else had pinched in the corners so I gave that a try.  That did make it cozier and I look forward to giving it a try in the microwave soon.   The pattern worked out correctly for more people than not, so don't let my flub dissuade you from giving the pattern a go if you like the idea of one of these things.

And being the last Sunday of February, I counted up my knitted (and one crocheted) dishcloth made this month.  Ten new cloths added to the gift/use some day box:

  


To see what other YOPers are up to, 




2019 Yarn Stash-Down progress:  22.53/100 skeins




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to look at this weeks CAL! The bowls with my dinnerware are really big in diameter and kind of shallow. But I would love to make a bowl insulator for them as they do get quite warm in the microwave. Ten cloths this month! You are on a roll. Your little heart pen holder is adorable and the flower really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wee pen holder is both functional and brings you joy...Marie Kondo would approve. Ooooooh these cloths are so my colour pallet, yummy pinks and purples. Almost a quarter of your 100 skein aim achieved and we aren’t even at the end of February yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is the pen holder and it turned out just as you hoped and works just as you hoped, what's not to love about that Becki! Well done on so many completed cloths and the bowl cosy is such a great practical idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that and yes...I love kitschy too! Great bowl 'potholder' for the microwave and your dishcloths are so pretty in all different colors and shades.
    I'm still doing those tissue box covers...love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitschy and super cute! It looks like your bowl cozy will be very functional and 10 (!) dishcloths is amazing. Definitely some yarny enthusiasm this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes Kitsch is just what one needs! I love yours. I like the idea of a bowl cozy. I have bowls that get so hot in the microwave I can handle them and have to put them on a plate. Bowl cozy seems much better an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dishcloths and such a cute heart too. Never quite gotten the bug over the bowl holders - for some reason I have a fear they might catch on fire. I know better, but there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pen holder and the dishcloths are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That heart holder is fun. I haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bowl cozy is great! I should make a few.

    ReplyDelete