Sunday, October 20, 2019

Short and sweet...

In between normal (regular and irregular) activities like my part time work, ESL tutoring, Bible study, serving opportunities, connecting with friends...  I've managed to continue organizing and getting rid of things I no longer need to hang on to.  At one time I envisioned taking pictures of stuff leaving the house - because I thought that would be interesting and even a bit inspiring.  But I've found it doesn't leave in picture-taking moments, and any particular run to the donation site(s) doesn't look like much in and of itself...

But still...  our home is getting a little lighter and small home improvement projects are happening as we have time and inclination.  It's all mostly good. 

The only crafty thing I've done in the last couple weeks is cross stitching some smalls.  I hope to eventually turn these into little ornaments, or even just small pillows to put in a bowl or basket at Christmas time:


The patterns are from vintage issues of Just Cross Stitching Magazine.  


And it seems that's all I've got for this Year Of Projects post.  To see what other YOPpers are up to, visit the links to their blogs  --  somewhere over there in my sidebar.  👉





10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea to make those smalls into little pillows and display in a basket. I have seen it done before but only in magazines. Congrats on your purging of unwanted/needed items. I have really slowed down on our declutter. You have inspired me to get back to it. It does feel good to watch things go to a charity or the trash bin. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the declutter pictures. I have been doing a little much of the same. I do love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is lovely. Way to go on the de-cluttering. Must feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purging...it feels s-o-o-o good!
    Sweet little stitching projects.

    Have a great week ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross stitch projects are sweet. I love the hen on the basket especially.

    We moved some larger items out of my childhood home on Saturday and changed some things around here at our home. Took a trip to the dump as well. Lots more work to be done at both places, but it does feel good to see some things leaving. Lots of decluttering/rearranging on my agenda this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems we are all getting ready for Winter! I clean now more than Spring and yes, getting rid of the "overflow" before the cold sets in. I love your 'smalls'...so sweet! They looked like Prairie Schooler patterns. You are a busy lady with all that you do for your family and your community. Is your husband retired now? How's it going? I hope you are both adjusting alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are cute! I really love that hen cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very nice cross stitch patterns. Yay for getting rid of stuff. I have fun doing that. I'm waiting for another curbside pick up notice to come in the mail so we can get rid of things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There must be something in the air concerning purging of supplies. Mind you, mine has been an enforced thing due to extreme boredom, but still - the end result is good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand what you are saying about things leaving. I need to start another wave of decluttering as I’ve been distracted by crafting. The wee xs projects are lovely. You have a very busy and full life it sounds.

    ReplyDelete