Wednesday, October 30, 2019

NaBloPoMo and The 30-Day Minimalism Game...

Last November (2018) was the first time I completed 30 days of posting in a row for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).   While I don't think this "event" is an official thing anymore, it was such an interesting challenge last year I've decided to do it again.  

This time with another challenge in mind:  The 30-Day Minimalism Game.






I'm not going to explain the game here as the short video above does that perfectly. But here's what this will hopefully look like here...  

Starting Friday for every day in November, regardless of anything else I may blog,  I will post a picture of whatever items left my house that day - all in an attempt to minimize my stuff.  If I actually manage to do this my home will be lighter by 465 items on December 1st!  😃  Hubs is on board too so maybe if we work together and inspire each other, we'll actually get rid of more things.  

Note:  Since it's likely I won't be able to physically post each day, I may find myself post-dating some posts.  Or maybe I'll pre-date some and schedule their posting - in which case, you'll be none the wiser.  Regardless, pictures will reflect what left the house on (or by) the date that is shown on the post.  Hmmm... it also occurs to me that I may decide to combine some days - in which case, a post here or there may contain a picture (or pictures) of more than just one day's worth of stuff.  I guess I have options for ways I may handle the issue of not being able to physically post daily.  Those details aren't terribly important to me.  The thing that's important is that I maintain motivation for the clearing out of some unnecessary stuff.  I think my ideas above are fair and will still keep me playing according to the rules - like anyone's keeping track...  except me.  😉

Want to join me?   For either NaBloPoMo, or the 30-Day Minimalism Game, or both?!?  




Join the fun, or please just stop by and visit me from time to time to see how I'm getting on.  Hopefully, I can see this challenge through!







10 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... both sound interesting! Don't think I can commit to either one, but I do hope to declutter many items both from the childhood home and our own home, so maybe I can post a pic from time to time of things that are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh... going through childhood memories would be pretty challenging. I hope the best for you as you make what may be some difficult decisions.

      Delete
  2. Ok....I am game for the blogging. As for the minimalist part.....I will give it a try. I will be out of pocket for several days this month so will need to discard extra before and after. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to following along with your NaBloPoMo-ing, Marsha. :)

      Delete
  3. Good plan and I will be following your progress with interest. I don't think I can commit to getting rid of that much but who knows, perhaps you will inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy if I can just entertain a few people with what I find to get rid of. ;^)

      Delete
  4. I look forward to following along. I am not sure I can keep up, but I will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becki :) That's a great idea about minimizing, I hope you can do it! I wouldn't know where to start. And blogging daily would be way too challenging for me! Good luck with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Rain. We are in such a "decluttering" mode that I think it will be hard (at the beginning) to know what few things to get rid of. ;^) Having now the second room turned inside out for a makeover has a way of clarifying the superfluous. We'll see if that continues as the month goes on...

      Delete