Sunday, December 18, 2016

First snow...

I've been down sick most of this week with a bad cold - which meant plenty of crocheting time (in between drug-induced naps).

I think it was Wednesday when we saw our first snow of the winter season.  (Or it could have been Tuesday, really...  I can't remember...  the past week is all melded together in the fog of my murky memory).    But whatever day it was, even with a foggy, sick head I was able to appreciate how pretty was this first snow, and I decided to poke my nose outside and snap some pictures:

Poking my nose out the back door:


And then out the front:

to the left


 
and to the right


And then pulling my nose back into the warm house and closing the door, as I turned around it occurred to me to snap a picture of what it looks like when someone is coming into my house:

At the time it seemed like a funny thing to do, but seeing the picture, now I think it's kind of neat. And I'm curious if any of you might like to do the same.  Wouldn't it be fun to step inside each other's front (or back) doors and just take a peek inside?  :)

Speaking of peeks, here are two little snapshots of  the Linen-Stitch Scarves I nearly finished this week (they're finished except for weaving in some yarn ends):

A gray and black striped scarf 

and a blue, gray and black striped scarf

One more to go!  Hopefully, next week (say, that's Christmas Day!) I'll have some modeled shots of these scarves.  That is if I have them all finished.  Note to self:  Take pictures before wrapping them - just in case I forget to round up the models, or in case the recipients decide to be bashful.


To see what other Yoppers are up this week, visit our group on Ravelry!





14 comments:

  1. The scarves are gorgeous. You will get them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of taking a photo of walking into our homes. I am going to do that. Your snow looks so pretty and I can hear the "hush"that happens when it snows.

    The scarves are so pretty. Love your color combinations. I am sure they will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... it was that quiet hush I hoping to capture. I'm not a huge fan of winter, but I do love the quiet of a gently snowy day.

      Delete
  3. A peek inside my house? OMG then you would see all the dust bunnies that live here.
    Merry Christmas. My view out all my windows is like yours. Snow, snow and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I was wishing I had thought to turn on the light. But then it occured to me that if I had, the dust bunnies would have shown. And the light being off, I can see, hides an unsightly fire extinguisher on the other side of that little table with the small lighted Christmas tree. (I keep meaning to find a better place for it, but there it sits to welcome me every time I come down the stairs.) And true confession here... I snapped a first picture and noticed a detergent bottle sitting on that chair in the back hallway. I removed it and also straightened that cord that comes off the lighted Christmas tree. I really just took this picture for me, but when I saw the final picture, I thought it seemed an interesting first glimpse into my world. I love when people share those little glimpses. :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry you've been ill but look at all that crocheting you got done! What a cozy snow and home you have. Your entry way is very inviting...mine not so much. I tore off the doors to the closet and ripped up the carpet, started painting and hope to get back to it after Christmas. So just imagine the opposite of what your entryway looks like! LOL! My linen stitch scarve(s) are on the back burner....a few last minute Christmas items and tasks so anything I really want to work on will have to wait. Yours look great! This pattern will be a keeper for sure and I was also eyeing your spice of life blanket for next year....I always love to have a blanket or 2 on the go and with this cold I think I need them! It is freezing down here! like 40 degrees or more below normal...I like to gradually slide into the cold temps but from 73 Saturday to -5 windchill on Sunday and only 5 this morning! Stay warm and I hope you are all better by Christmas! Your recipients will love their scarves! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, when I first read your comment, I read "40 degrees" and saw the word "below" and that's all that registered. YIKES! And then I read it again and realized my mistake. We had a couple of truly (and unseasonably) bitter days last week, too. Fortunately, I suppose, I didn't have to think about it much since being sick seemed enough to occupy my weary brain. I hope I'm feeling much better by Wednesday of this week. I'm scheduled to have balance testing to see if the cause of my off-and-on vertigo symptoms can be determined. The tests sound like medieval tortures (putting me in a spinning chair, dripping water into my ears...) It will be interesting to see if I come through it all without being PUT into vertigo. They tell me the tests should not put me into vertigo if I'm not having active symptoms. I have suspicions the gal who told me this was crossing her fingers and stifling giggles on her end of the phone...

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of showing off the entrances to our homes: mine, unfortunately has sea-foam green carpet leading up the stairs (the first thing you see) and I just can't imagine anyone being able to get over that to see the lovely stuff further in!
    Such pretty scarves: I miss not having made any gifts this year, but hopefully next as I have a book full of projects I want to make.
    Merry Christmas!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! fun idea, the picture through the doorway! I hope you feel 100% better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better. Hopefully, I'll actually start sounding better soon. :)

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel a lot better soon. Thank you for sharing your sneaky peek of your house when you open the door. Oh and those snow photo's, so christmassy :) I'm sure the recipients of your scarves will appreciate them immensely, especially with all that snow! Xxx Have a super christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete