Monday, September 23, 2019

Celtic Weave Infinity Scarf...

Last week saw the finish of my Celtic Weave Infinity Scarf:



Because I used worsted weight yarn, I made the middle of my scarf narrower than the original scarf  - which was done in fingering weight yarn.  The stitch pattern for the center panel of this scarf requires a starting chain of a count divisible by 4 +3.  While the stitch pattern took some concentration at the beginning and ending of rows, it did finally become intuitive for me, and at that point it didn't take too long to finish.  But I will admit, there was a fair amount of ripping back and redoing until that happened.

Fingering weight yarn appears to make a lovely drapey scarf while worsted weight yarn made a chunky, toasty one.  😊




~~~~~~~

Since it's the first day of autumn when posting this, and I'm realizing I haven't taken a picture of dishcloths knitted since late June, I snapped a quick shot of all the cloths I knitted this summer:


Not very many, but they are certainly colorful!  😃



And that, dear reader, is all she wrote!   





To see what other YOPpers are up to, 
visit the blog links in my side bar!  👉




13 comments:

  1. the pattern on the Celtic Weave is great. It really shows up with the yarn you choose. Such a pretty color too. Look at all the dishcloths! You should not be running put anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will ever run out of dishcloths. I'm starting to make some larger cloths (that I prefer for face and body washcloths. While they take a little longer to make, they use up more yarn! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh look at that! The cowl is beautiful - I love the patterning and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th cowl is lovely I like that stitch. Lots of lovely dishcloths and knitted too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cowl colour and pattern, very nice. I love how evenly sized your dishcloths are, do you have a preferred cast on number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have preferred cast on #'s - depending on the size cloth I'm wanting (and the size needles I'm using). I've actually made some detailed notes. I'll give a more complete answer in a Q&A post later this week!

      Delete
  5. I really like at Celtic Weave pattern - it looks wonderful in the yarn you used. And you'll be washing your dishes in style with those cloths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I "got" the beginning and ending of each row I decided I loved it too! It is a yarn eater, though...

      Delete
  6. good for you for persevering with the cowl. It looks wonderful. and so do all your lovely washcloths!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitch definition is terrifc and smooshy.

    ReplyDelete