Sunday, September 1, 2019

Mystery revealed...

I look forward to getting back to my Sacred Space blanket soon, but this week I found myself making (and finishing) some smaller projects.  It felt good to have some finishes.

Firstly, after rescuing some colorful Yarn Bee Sugarwheel cotton yarn from the clearance shelf at the new local Hobby Lobby, I couldn't resist making something with it right away.  This Granny Square Bottom Bag fit the bill perfectly:



While I love the bright colors, I'm not all that crazy about this yarn.  
The color changes are abrupt, and there were many knots.  😕


Then I whipped up this quick and easy eyeball washcloth:

pattern is searchable online as Mad Eye Washcloth

What Harry Potter fan wouldn't think this a fun little cloth to wash dishes with? But you don't have to be a HP fan to think an eyeball washcloth is kind of cool.  😉   A few more of these will be fun stocking stuffers for my adult sons (who enjoy HP, but also anything this odd/cool/fun).

~~~~~

And lastly...  While I haven't figured out just what frame will suit this best, my little mystery silhouette cross stitch picture got finished yesterday:



My original thought was this would be nice to save for gifting to a young girl someday, but I like it so much I think I will frame it and display it on a shelf here.  It's very small - right at about 4 x 6 inches.  Which makes it even sweeter.  😊

I will say... this sweet little picture wasn't as simple as I thought it would be, but it was worth sticking with it, which included some ripping out and restitching in a few places.  I wish I could tell you who the designer is, and what my source was, but that would be a challenge since I made a working photo copy and then filed (i.e. stacked) the magazine with dozens of others without noting which one it was published in.  I'm pretty sure it's from a vintage Just Cross Stitching magazine (possibly from the 1980's), but that's the best I can do at the moment.  

Thank you all who played along with my mystery cross stitch guessing game.  I enjoyed the guesses.  While some could see the flowers a few weeks ago, the only ones who guessed right on my last update were Liz of Highland Heffalump Sharon (of Zanna's Homemade).  Good eyes, ladies!  

With these finishes, I think it may feel really satisfying now to work on my larger projects again.  😄


I hope everyone has a good week!






Check out other Year of Project participants 
by following the links in my sidebar  👉



20 comments:

  1. Hi I love your bag the colours are wonderful and the washcloth is cute. Your cros stitch is so cute, pleased my guess was right for ages I thought it was an oak tree, lol. My Sacred Place took a back seat too this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand why it looked like an oak tree for a while. :) Since I missed last week, I'm going to look up what you may have posted then about your Sacred Space (and other things).

      Delete
  2. Oh my I love the eyeball cloth! I am glad I didn't miss the unveiling, it will make a beautiful framed piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little girl - I never would have guessed the silhouette- it is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Now I wonder how I originally thought it was a bunny lol! I really like the washcloth and I'm going to get some green cotton and make Allistar a Mike Wazowski one to match his mug (monsters inc) and make some minion ones too! I thought that was a super bright coloured knitted t-shirt before I read it was a bag. As a bag I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Your cloth ideas are terrific. Would you mind if I give those a try? lol at the colorful shirt. I can see how it looks kind of like a tank top.

      Delete
  5. I would never have guessed! It's lovely though! And I love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh, I need to make the mad eye dishcloth. I have a huge HP fan in the family. Please don't laugh but, when I first looked at your bag I thought it was a tank top! I love the colors of it. Too bad the yarn was not good quality to work with. The cross stitch is so sweet. I never would have guessed correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the "tank top" now, but it didn't occur to me when I took the picture and posted it. lol

      Delete
  7. Well I never would have guessed! As for the eyeball washcloth - I know a couple people who would love that. Might have to remember it for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were surprised, Mary Anne. I certainly enjoyed your ant hill guess. ;^)

      Delete
  8. Love the market bag! Cute eyeball wash cloth....reminds me of the "evil eye" to keep away bad spirits? Something like that. Your cross stitch little girl is precious. I remember those silhouette pictures from when I was little. I love it! You get lots done and so many finishes. Have a nice Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An evil eye that keeps away bad spirits? That doesn't sound very dependable. lol Thank you, Sam for all your comments. I think I, too, like the silhouette cross stitch picture because it makes me nostalgic for years gone by. :)

      Delete
  9. oh how fun!!! that little 4x6 silhouette is so sweet! That bag is pretty but bummer about the yarn having knots!!! I hope you have a wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. Unfortunately, I recused two more skeins of this yarn. Not sure if I'll use it up on something and contend with its downfalls again, or donate it. Just very glad I didn't spend a lot on it.

      Delete