So, back in May of 2020, Part 1 of my Linen & Threads sampler looked like this:
And after adding most of Part 4, this busy little corner looks like this:
Never having exactly the same lighting when taking photos, I end up with slightly different shades of red showing up in the photos.
Wishing now I had thought to take a larger (or whole) picture after every part was completed, I'm going to try to remember to do that - maybe I'll post that picture once a month. Or maybe it will be more fun to just reveal it all when it's all completed. I'll give that some thought.
Meanwhile... this is what the whole thing looks like on this first Sunday in March. Almost 1/3 finished:
While it's felt like I've let this thing languish and haven't accomplished much, it's kind of inspiring to see what the whole thing looks like to date - especially in a photo. It inspires me to maybe be a little more diligent about working on it.
A photo of the whole thing will also better show the smaller, extra motifs I plan to add to fill in some of the spaces - spaces that were originally designed to add initials of friends and family. I didn't really want to have a lot of initials scattered throughout the sampler - so when I saw some other stitchers adding motifs in place of the initials, I knew I wanted to try to do that instead. I'm finding motifs in a variety of places (some books I own, some OOP books I've found online, some free from blogging cross stitch designers) - the online sources I've linked to way down at the bottom of my blog. 👇 My hope is it will look a bit like an Eye Spy picture, and will provide on-going interest and even a bit of whimsy to the finished project. Wish me well in that. 😉
And Tag No. 10 in the #52 Tag challenge was easily finished yesterday:
The "theme" of this one is Suffolk Puff (I've always known these as Yo-Yo's), and Lace.
And that's another wrap for another week! It's gorgeous today, and supposed to be in the 60's several days this week! I could almost cry with happiness. 😂