Thursday, September 22, 2022

Late summer glory...

 
Credit for this photo of a dewy dragonfly belongs to my dear friend, Lynne - whose old gate captivated me when we visited in early August.  Lynne sent this picture to me (several weeks ago now) with a note that said I had "reminded her to look for everyday beauty".  A wonderful compliment!

Thank you, Lynne!  I'm sorry it took me so long to post it.  Though I know you know I've been a bit distracted in recent weeks.

Oh...  And just for fun...  turns out flowers in at least one Walmart are intentional.


14 comments:

  1. It looks like a piece of jewelry. Hope you are recovering well from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it, Vee. And thank you. Recovering is going as expected, more or less. The large bandage and splint comes off on Monday when I will be fitted with a custom (removable) splint that I will need to wear for a while.

      Delete
    2. It will be nice to have a removable splint!

      Delete
    3. Martha, I keep telling myself it has to be better than this thing I'm wearing now. I want to rip this one off! Two more days...

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! That's a stunning photograph!
    Hope you're doing well post surgery and that you're being a good girl and doing what the medical pros have told you to do. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with my gall bladder surgery, after-surgery instructions were pretty slim. I'm being good, though. This was way too painful a thing to go through to not be good and potentially mess something up. :^/

      Delete
  3. That dragonfly with the dewy wings is such a thing of beauty! Hope you are continuing to recover well from your surgery!

    ReplyDelete