Sunday, September 24, 2017

Lookin' like a hat factory here...

For a change of pace from making hats, I crocheted a pretty sunflower "doily" yesterday:


Made with Peaches & Cream worsted-weight cotton in the colors brown and gold, I made mine a few rows larger than the designer's and it measures about 9.5 inches across.

If you're interested in making your own, here is the video tutorial I used:



~~~~~~


Otherwise, it's still looking a bit like a hat factory around here!

These...

are gathering and awaiting their final trimming in order to be added to these:



I think I'll make just a few more hats this week and then I'll wrap up this endeavor.  At the moment, I have 13 hats crocheted and while it's tempting to set a specific goal, I think I'll just be done when I'm done.  And I think I'll be done next Sunday.  ;^)

To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.






7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty doily. It will brighten any room it sits in. My goodness.......lots of lively warm hats with adorable pom poms waiting to adorn them. There will be a lot of warm heads this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that doily! So perfect for fall too. Your hats are gorgeous and the pompoms will look so cute on them. You were very prolific with your crocheting this week! So wonderful of you to crochet them to keep others warm! Have a great week, Becki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becki :)) I love your hat factory and the sunflower doily!!! The blue jay is lovely too btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! It's so nice to have a pile of finished things. Love the sunflower; so perfect for fall.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheerful sunflower! Love it! Very nice to see the Blue Jay too. We've had lots of them hanging around for the last few weeks... filling up from peanuts in the feeder and cooling off by splashing in the bird bath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of those hats and pom pond! Brilliant, and the doily is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you include videos in your posts. I love learning via videos so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete