Friday, May 28, 2021

Making Space...

A random collection of items has either left the premises, or will be leaving soon.  I have hopes that I can find someone who'll want to take a shot at fixing my old sewing machine.  And the cabinet (which isn't valuable, but would be useful to either someone who takes my sewing machine, or has another machine to fit inside) I hope to find a new home for, too.

The machine looks better in this picture than it does in real life.  In person, the plastic parts are more yellowed with age.

And then some random stuff that I had that I'm more than happy to rehome (some hangers, some socks that didn't work out, a wooden tissue box holder, an old purse, a floppy pillow, 3 or 4 bandanas, a glass candle holder, a plastic snowflake ornament, a couple of pillow shams):

It's not pretty, but I'm calling this 12 items being donated or trashed.


Week 31:  169 things gone (or soon to be gone)




6 comments:

  1. Progress is often made in small steps! This evening, I purged 5 garments from my closet and I have a stack set aside for a try-on tomorrow. Off to the thrift store to benefit someone else . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that's a pretty good assortment of be gone's - I need to get back on the wagon with this one too. I hope someone will want your machine - if not, would a repair shop be interested in it for parts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm ashamed to say that my clearing out of unwanted items hasn't got very far. I have an old computer chair that will be going to the skip as soon as I find the time to get there, I'm always full of good intentions haha. Have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Becki! I am at a bit of a standstill in decluttering right now -- life has suddenly taken a very busy turn -- but I do have a box I'm filling with things headed for the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone will make good use of your old Singer.

    ReplyDelete