Sunday, May 27, 2018

Taking stock...

Still feeling a bit unmotivated in the crochet department, I decided for this YOP post to take stock of some projects I have in progress.

While they don't look much different (than they did last week), I am still plugging away on my Spicier Lifes:





And about mid-week I got my embroidered pillowcases out to work on:

The most simple of embroidery patterns, I don't understand why these aren't done already.



Looking for something pretty mindless to work on I remembered this Boxes Dishcloth pattern I'd been meaning to make again.   I was pleased to find out the pattern is much easier for me this time around.  

I like this pattern so much. I really should make more of these to have in my "gift box" to have ready for gifting.  They are lightweight, but have a great texture for washing dishes, or even one's face.


And I still have this unfinished Uwila Shawl hanging around:


This one just stops me in my tracks every time I look at it.  A month or so back I decided to not do the cabled owls so I frogged what I had done of that section.  Then I thought I'd just finish it with the whole shawl made in this stitch pattern, but trying to figure out how to figure out how to do that just makes me want to go take a nap.  Sigh.  And that's all the further I ever get.

So I'm putting this away, but not too far away.  I'll keep it handy, but out of sight.  And if I haven't made a decision about this thing, by say...  December,  I'm frogging it.  The yarn is a lovely color and it's scrumptiously soft (Deramore's Studio DK).   I may frog (or finish) it before December, but that is the deadline I'm giving myself on this.  

And that's all I've got on the crafty front.   About Wednesday it turned beautiful weather-wise so I enjoyed a number of long walks the rest of the week, planted some more flowers, had lunch with friends mid-week, and power washed my patio for a second time this spring.  I also spent too much time this week shopping for something to wear to a wedding next weekend only to decide that I will wear something already in my closet.  But I didn't come to that conclusion before I'd found all sorts of fun summer things to add to my closet.   

Someone, please tell me I'm not alone in doing this.   And before someone gives me the advice to shop my closet first, I did!  I always do.  I just never seem to come to the logical conclusion that what I have will work fine until I've exhausted my search at the few clothing stores I tend to shop.   I would consider it a problem, but having some new things to wear for the new season kind of makes me happy.  😏

To see what other YOPpers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.




13 comments:

  1. Love the Boxes Dishcloth. It is now in my library.

    That shawl is so pretty. I hope you are able to figure out how to complete it without the owls.

    Enjoy those walks. It is already too hot here to do any outside walking. Swimming is now our major source of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my next Boxes dishcloth now and I'm happy to say I don't even have to refer to the pattern, anymore. You'll get it down much quicker than me, Marsha, and I hope you enjoy making it. Walking outside is over for the foreseeable future. High humidity and days suddenly reaching into the 90's don't provide even a sliver of a window for comfortable walking outside right now. :^(

      Delete
  2. Your projects all look so cheerful and they make me happy. I applaud you on getting some new things to wear and enjoy the wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary-Anne. The good thing is that while my DH isn't applauding, he isn't complaining. Yet.

      Delete
  3. I say if you have an outfit or a dress that you don't wear often, that'd work for the wedding. I like the baby blue shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the projects you're working on. Thank you for the dishcloth pattern link and shawl link. Hopefully your motivation will return for a fun summer of knitting and crochet! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Pat! There's no way I'll even come close to my 100-skein goal for this year if my motivation to crochet continues to lag...

      Delete
  5. Oh all of your projects are beautiful. I love the embroidery, it may be simple, but it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have some fun projects on the go, but I understand not feeling motivated - particularly when the weather is nice outside. We have a wedding to attend too and I had a hard time finding a dress. I refuse to spend money on something that I might only wear once or twice so I was lucky to find a long summer dress that I can wear all summer long. That was definitely a win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dresses! I'm at a stage in life where a dress would really have to be amazing in the looks and comfort department for me to buy one (even for a wedding). I couldn't believe what I saw on the hangers in the stores - my choices were either slinky sheaths with large bell sleeves, or sleeveless thick polyester dresses that all looked like something from the 1960's. Only Twiggy would looked passable in them and there's not a soul who would be comfortable in such a thing in this heat we're experiencing. I finally decided to wear slacks, and a cute top. I wore a version of this outfit to a wedding last summer and I felt completely acceptable in it. I don't have to worry about any of the same people being at this wedding, though I'm not sure I'd care if there were. Life is getting too short to expend my time and energies on stuff like this!

      Delete
    2. I have to admit I live in dresses all summer long and I don't care a whit what people think (or how I look). They're comfortable and way cooler than wearing shorts. I'm all for air flow!!

      Delete