Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I sure like low maintenance...

I've had a lot on my plate over the last several weeks and am looking ahead to more of the same into the next month, so anything low-maintenance and pretty gets special mention.  




For a plant that went completely neglected all spring and summer, this clematis certainly didn't seem to hold a grudge.

Late in the spring it treated us to a beautiful flush of purple flowers.

Then it seems like I remember looking at it about mid summer and noticed the blooms had all died off.

Then just last week I noticed new blooms and all these wonderful seed heads.

While I love when something so pretty is low maintenance, at the moment I look forward to paying this plant a little more attention next summer.  

We'll see if I actually do...

10 comments:

  1. Look at all those seed heads. Next year's crop should be splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering how many of these seed heads would likely become new plants. Not needing that, I'm wondering if I should pick them off before they fall off. Always something to think about...

      Delete
  2. Oh lovely 😍 I like low maintenance plants too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low maintenance is the best! That's one thing about clematis - the flowers and the seed pods are equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I noticed them. I have no idea how many times I walked by this plant before I even saw them!

      Delete
  4. Those seed heads are things of beauty all by themselves. May you continue to enjoy such low maintenance, especially since things are busy just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at different pictures of clematis seed heads, I am so pleased that these are as pretty as they are.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It does, Martha. There is a trellis in the ground where the clematis climbed up and totally engulfed it. :)

      Delete