Friday, October 2, 2020

30 days to less - day 2


I had previously brought home some lamps from MIL's with the intention of replacing most of the lampshades eventually.  I considered keeping this one, but upon closer inspection I saw that it was coming unglued and the glue remnants had turned brown, which meant that even if I could successfully re-glue it, there would be a dark stripe that would show through when the light was on.  Eh - I had no desire to even try to salvage it.

 

It was, perhaps, an impulsive decision, but it and a flat cushion that no longer provides cushioning have vacated the premises.


Day 2:  3 things gone







12 comments:

  1. This is so much fun. Anytime O go into a room I start looking into all the nooks and crannies I have been ignoring for years. I have so many things piling up already! Even the hubs is culling out his office storage area. Thanks for doing this again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you feel this way about it, Marsha. It is addicting - in a good way, I think. It's fun to hear your hubs is joining in, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you. I know I can't keep up with the days, but I did hit an area yesterday and pulled out some stuff so you have motivated me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought different times about taking a lampshade apart and replacing the outside but then I think better of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I studied this one for a while, considering it. The top and the bottom were separate rings so the only way I could have redone this shade would have required using some stiff material, and I wasn't even sure I could have managed all the pieces parts. Covering it was a possibility, but I don't think I would have been happy with the level of opacity that would have created. That's why I finally just said, "Eh". And the decision was made.

      Delete
  4. Yay for you and you are getting rid of some sizeable items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is necessary. But there will be plenty of little stuff, too. :) It all makes a difference, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Good for you Becki! You've really embraced this de-cluttering! :)

    ReplyDelete