Tuesday, October 13, 2020

30 days to less - day 13

Today was a day I just didn't have much time for even thinking about decluttering, so just a few minutes ago I tried to think of a space I might be able to quickly sort through and without any emotional effort remove some things.

I immediately thought of the "wrapping paper" boxes!  We have two.  Actually 2 1/2 so I'm going to spend a little more time going through that box that is half filled and use one of the containers to dictate how much I hold on to in the end.  

But today I quickly came up with 12 gift bags and 1 roll of unopened gift wrap I've always passed by for something else:


There's nothing wrong with any of the above, but I realized they've never been quite right, either.  I've always reached for some other bag or gift wrap instead of these.  And would sort of mumble to myself, "Why do I have bags in here I never use?"  And just like that, they were outa there!


Day 13: 120 things gone






13 comments:

  1. Those will definitely come in handy for another who needs them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I'm not sure I've ever seen gift bags in Goodwill, but I hope they put them out or have another use for them if I donate them there.

      Delete
  2. Good job! We still don't have any place to give unwanted items to. Charity shops still closed.💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very thankful that thrift stores here have been open since sometime this past spring. From the looks of things when we drop things off, they are receiving a LOT of stuff.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. I have a stack of these that have never been used as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if most of us do. It makes me feel better to think so. I know my MIL had a bunch. Thank goodness I didn't bring any of those home. :)

      Delete
  4. I read a book not too long ago (can't for the life of me recall the name of it though) that said you should choose a container/space for a certain family of items and that you don't allow yourself to ever have more than will fit in that designated space (your 2 1/2 boxes made me think of it). And yes, there are often bags of gift bags in our thrift stores here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I read that discusses this idea is Decluttering at the Speed of Life. Could that be what you read? I have a blog post around here about it. That's exactly what I was going for with the wrapping paper/gift bag container. And I accomplished it tonight. I'm getting rid of a few more bags and everything fits! It's fuller, but everything fits. :)

      Delete
    2. That could be it Becki - I know I did read that one. I have a 'thing' for reading organizational books!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this idea. Guess where I will be looking when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good haul. Your mind is gaining good experience in sorting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This does do something to one's thinking. I am starting to find myself getting stuck in weighing the worth of an item more than I want to, though, so I'm hopeful I break through that soon.

      Delete