Friday, October 9, 2020

30 days to less - day 9

I've mentioned before that MIL was a quilter.  Being fortunate to be the one to go through her sewing and crafting supplies, I had the happy task of sifting through her quilting books.  While I'm not a quilter, I did find a few that I think I'll enjoy browsing and at least one quilting history book I think I'd like to read.


There are more than 9 items above, but I divided them into 7 pattern books and 1 small stack of patterns and 1 stack of pattern booklets.    All in all, though, I think there are 18 individual items that will be finding new homes.


Day 9:  74 things gone






9 comments:

  1. Wow, I admire quilters. Your MIL had some lovely quilting books. Someone will be blessed to have these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It always feel good to donate things, imagining someone else's pleasure at finding them.

      Delete
  2. These will be welcomed by someone I'm sure. I got rid of a lot of books in the last challenge and I would be hard-pressed at this point to downsize any more. The ones I have left I love and still use....a couple of simply ones I look through periodically and marvel at the contents. WAY beyond my abilities for certain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping at lease some of these will find a happy home. :) There were way too many for me to keep just for looking at again someday. Though I did keep some!

      Delete
  3. Quilting books are fabric candy, always a sweet treat to read one, see new patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I've discovered. They've tickled some little desire to try my hand at piecework, but honestly... even if I never did a thing from one of the books I've kept, I will enjoy looking at them several times over. And then, maybe someday, those will get donated too. :)

      Delete
  4. Someone will find those as treasures.

    ReplyDelete