Monday, October 12, 2020

30 days to less - day 12

Today is a hodgepodge of different things.

It started with going through some files and shredding lots of pages.  I originally thought this might be a post devoted to file culling, but I don't have it in me to go through too many files today.  I'm counting three files gone through and emptied, though there was probably more than that.


So I moved to a small storage area off our family room where I quickly found some books that I'm more than happy to rehome.  Then I remembered that I had set aside some curtain rings and curtain rod brackets, so those got tossed in (and counted as one thing).  And I have no idea what that round wooden black thing is (it came home from MIL's and appears to be a base to something we couldn't figure out what), so that's a good reason to let it go, in my opinion.

While there are more than 12 individual items above, I'm calling it 12 and letting it all go.


Day 12:  107 things gone






8 comments:

  1. You're making great progress Becki - and you've reminded me that there needs to be a shredding session here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be having a few shredding sessions before the month is over. ;^)

      Delete
  2. I emptied out our shredder last week before garbage day. It was jam packed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I did a big declutter of the house a couple of years ago but it's been coming back. Darn that love of shopping.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Marsha are really motivating me! Since the Goodwill is 1 1/2 hours away and I don't go out unless I have to. I am putting things in garbage bags and tying them up real tight. I used to use shopping bags but then if they got knocked over things would spill or I would see something and start digging through the bag not remembering it was to give away. I am taking the white garbage bags to the basement and in one corner so when we are over this COVID someday I will take them to Good Will. There will be no digging in them as they are sealed up good and isolated from the rest of my "stuff"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good plan, Sam. I hope you're able to remove the things soon, though. The relief when it leaves the premises feels so good. I know you know that, though. :)

      Delete