Monday, November 11, 2019

Less is more - day 11

Hubs went out alone today looking for a table to hold a turntable and speakers in our family room.  We'd been making do with something, but we wanted a more permanent solution.  Well...  he found two tables and I liked them both for different reasons when I saw the pictures he texted me.  It was a little impulsive, but both of us agreed he should buy them both and we'd figure out after he got them home exactly how we'd use them.

Well, one works perfectly for the stereo and I decided to put one up in my new room.  Which meant some rearranging, which meant emptying the shelves in the bookcase, which meant taking another gander at what I had stowed there.

I decided I could part with some more pamphlets and magazines.  Eleven to be exact!  And it wasn't even hard.  Maybe this getting rid of is getting easier...


It might be about time to move into my closet 
now that I'm picking up steam.



6 comments:

  1. I left a comment on my blog about the mockingbird pattern. I need to do just what you are doing. I think decluttering is a process. I have been slowly going through things for some time. I have done a good job of letting go of many things. I am down to the sentimental items which is so HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see photos of the tables. You are doing such a marvelous job declutterong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work, Becki! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picking up steam is great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - glad you found the table you were searching for (and one you weren't!). You're on a roll with the getting rid off 'stuff' process and one wonders....do you suppose....this might carry on beyond the 30 day goal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the reason I don't do any magazine subscriptions anymore because they just sit. I ned to do your binder thing and rip out what I want from the knitting mags and get rid of the rest.

    ReplyDelete