Friday, November 8, 2019

Less is more - day 8

Okay, first of all I need to apologize.  Yesterday I wrote that I had something clever to show for today, but once I put it together to take a picture, I realized that it really wasn't going to look nearly as clever on Day 8 as it will on Day 24. 😉  So...  with my sincerest apologies I now encourage you to check in on Day 24 and just forget what I wrote yesterday.

Instead, this afternoon I went back into what used to be our sons' bathroom and cleared out some drawers.  Why it has taken me over a year since the youngest moved out to do this, I haven't a clue.  In denial, maybe?

So here's a very eclectic mix of weird items that are either getting pitched (most of it), or donated.  I think I see two donate-able items here.



There's nothing interesting in today's haul, in my opinion, so I'm not going to itemize things, but I'll explain that for each of the baskets of stuff, I'm just counting them as one item.  Everything in the baskets is old, partially used, expired...  it's all going directly into the trash or recycling bin after I post this.  Though I may keep the purple basket.  We have several of these around the house and for some reason it's a perfect size for various things.

Interestingly the blue basket of toothbrushes and miscellaneous was found under the cabinet just like this.  I don't understand why anyone put a bunch of toothbrushes in with whatever else is in there.  Why weren't the toothbrushes just thrown away?  Did I do this, thinking I'd use the toothbrushes as little scrubbers?  If so, why did I not use them?   There have been plenty of times when I've thought, a little toothbrush would be perfect for this (or that) cleaning job.  But I didn't think I had any around.  Sigh  

Okay...  after I stick a couple of the toothbrushes in my cleaning bin everything else in those baskets is outta here.






5 comments:

  1. You're definitely building the suspense! Interesting assortment of goodies today too. Old toothbrushes do come in handy once in awhile but diligence is required not to save too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently, as I think there are 5 or 6 (at least) in that basket! :)

      Delete
  2. Ok, day 24 it is. But you know I will be reading daily anyway. Thanks for reminding me to go thru our "guest" bath. I am sure there are things in there that need not be there. Our kadt.ine left the house 6 years ago. Yip, time to go on an adventure of clearing.out stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the boys' bathroom is now basically a guest bathroom. I just don't go in there much at all. Though, I've been in there more in the last month than I have in years! Without remodeling, I'm trying to turn it into something pretty, as opposed to the decently functional (and somewhat masculine) bathroom it was while the boys were growing up.

      Delete
  3. You are doing so well! I did throw out a lot of paperwork this week and I am hoping to burn a lot of it today but I have more to go through unfortunately. Paperwork is my least favorite thing to go through...I'll trade you!?! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete