Saturday, November 30, 2019

Less is more - day 30

On this last day of my 30-Day Minimalism Challenge, I thought this was a very appropriate find.  After getting rid of  25 Homeschooling Today magazines earlier this week, I came upon a file box full of over 40 more!   Aaaahhhh!


Organized by year, no less - with indexes for each year.  😯
Let it be known that I am one amazingly organized hoarder.

It seems apt to end my challenge with a large collection of something I've saved that represents the past, when that's how I began this challenge on Day 1. 

I wrote then:  [This challenge is] about making decisions.  It will be a month full of making decisions about things I'm going to let go of, things I'm going to keep.  Hopefully, it will result in some clarity about how what I own should reflect my life - what I want out of  life, and what I want life to be about in this stage.  

Well, homeschooling is definitely not what my life is about anymore.  And yet, here I am, five years after my youngest graduated, hanging on to all these remnants of those bygone days.

Just as I set those t-shirts free a month ago (and my thoughts of what I once felt inspired to make with them), I now set free nearly 75 publications that were inspiration for things I wanted to do with my young sons years ago.  Some happened.  Some didn't.  C'est la vie.

Goodbye 40+ more things that are truly no more than weight for me today!





If you have the stomach for one more post on the subject, I'll be popping in early next week with some things I've learned during this month-long exercise.  

Thank you, again - everyone who offered encouragement this month.  It was a fun experience, but you made it more fun.  😙



7 comments:

  1. Do you feel lighter mentally also? You did amazing on your 30 day journey. Will you be continuing? You have inspired me to step up my decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some ways, yes. I have to confess, though... not actually doing any clearing this week (having done it early so I could focus on Thanksgiving) has gotten me a tad out of the mindset. I am determined to keep this up, though. I think I need to start on something small, but gratifying - like one of the closets near our front door. I think getting myself back into the action will surely re-energize me.

      Delete
  2. Yay for you!!!! You deserve a huge pat on the back for sticking to your plan and for all the 'stuff' that has now exited your life. Kudos to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne. But I must keep on going! This was just the beginning. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear your reflections on the 30 day challenge. You have inspired me. Come January... I am digging in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minimizing what I want to say is a challenge for me. I'm tickled my little month-long experiment motivated anyone. I hope you'll post on your blog what you do come January. I may need some more motivation by then, myself. ;^)

      Delete
  4. I like how you organize your magazine patterns and such. I need to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete