Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Less is more - day 26


As you can see below, I'm beginning a purge of lots of files.  I have so many files...   from years of homeschooling...  being a Sunday School teacher...   being involved in various aspects of children's ministry...  being a mom...  I have collected pictures, brochures, maps, party ideas, cake designs...   you name it...  if it was on paper and I thought it was clever at all, I filed it away.  

Some of it I actually used.  

The first picture represents 26 files of travel brochures and miscellaneous pictures, lesson plans, I think I see a valentine idea even.  We'll (maybe) salvage any file folders that are in good condition, but otherwise, everything below is going straight into a box for recycling.

Someone, please tell me I won't regret this.


And below are a bunch more materials (similar to the above) pulled from even more files.  I'd say at least 27 files because this was originally going to be a separate post for day 27.  Honestly, I've lost track of how many files I've cleaned out.

I threw in some magazines and a yarn catalog to recycle, and a timeline kit that I'm going to try to rehome.    A lot is buried under the top layers and isn't even visible.  Everything from these two pictures (minus the timeline kit) overfilled a box that held a case of paper (or 10 reams of printer paper). 

So much paper!   ðŸ˜Ÿ

Hopefully, now that it's set free it will become something else.

Like this, maybe:



A video explaining how paper is recycled


~~~~~





5 comments:

  1. I try to regularly go through my files and keep them down to a minimum. It so hard to resist printing off interesting 'things' from the internet and then filing them for a rainy day (that never seems to happen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper is the hardest! I just went through my files and was amazed at how long it takes and although I got rid of a lot it doesn't make much of a noticeable difference...but I feel better! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete