Monday, November 4, 2019

Less is more - day 4

Today, out go four pillows that I'm sure came with two separate couches once upon a time.    


I'm open for hearing whether something like this should be tossed or donated.  They aren't stained, and don't smell bad (that I can tell), but they're old and clearly, dated.  The larger ones are flattened and I'm pretty incline to toss them.  The smaller ones are still "full" and firm.  In fact, I was keeping them for using as the innards of some pillows I might crochet someday.  But no more. These are going out the door.  Just not sure if they're headed to the curb or the thrift store.  





10 comments:

  1. Myself, I wouldn't donate them but only because I know that I wouldn't buy them. Nothing comes home from the thrift store that can't be washed and pillows are practically impossible to wash properly. Just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of my thinking, too. Thanks for the confirmation!

      Delete
  2. ps. - call your local Humane Society - they might take them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toss the flat ones and donate the others. If the thrift store doesn't want them they will toss them. I do like the idea of calling an animal rescue or humane society too. Kitty's might really like cuddling in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between reading Mary Anne's comment above and yours I checked with the Animal Shelter and Humane Society websites and it seems they are looking mostly for monetary donations (of course), or have wish lists for new items. The more I think about it, I can't imagine they want non-washable pillows. I think I'll donate the sturdy pillows to the thrift store. The flat ones are going in the trash. Thank you for helping me settle that, Marsha. :)

      Delete
    2. Interestingly, our humane society here is happy to get towels and sheets of the used sort - they use them for bedding for the animals. Of course they're more than happy to take money as well, but it's nice that they see a use for at least some things. I haven't checked here to see about pillows but I'll try to remember the next time I stop in with donations.

      Delete
    3. Our local humane society will also take used towels and sheets. I've gotten rid of quite a few there in the past.

      Delete
  4. I vote Thrift Store....I have many pillows from there! I've washed them and they have been very serviceable for many years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two went into the trash, and two head to the thrift store tomorrow! :)

      Delete