Thursday, November 28, 2019

Less is more - day 28

Today is a random collection of things:


A couple of photo albums - I guess for all the digital photos we don't print anymore, a curtain valance that doesn't fit my "yarn room" anymore, yarn I don't like anymore, slippers I don't wear anymore, a spider plant I don't care for anymore, two bird whistles no one whistles anymore, strainers I don't strain with anymore, plastic doilies I never did use, a crocheted bag I don't particularly care for anymore, and linens that are worn out and won't get used anymore.  

That said, before this very old, worn-out pillowcase gets tossed, I'm going to try to remove this very sweet bell trim that someone crocheted for it once upon a time:


I'm just amazed at how a pillowcase can be worn and shredding in places, and this delicate looking trim is still going strong.

Twenty-eight more things gone!



Happy Thanksgiving all my U.S. friends!

I'm enjoying the day with family - 
eating Italian and playing games.


6 comments:

  1. Wish I lived closer because I'd take that spider plant off your hands! I've been searching for one here and haven't come across any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so surprised. I'd have thought spider plants are pretty widely available. And one this small, pretty inexpensive. This is the first time I've had a twinge of regret getting rid of something. It didn't bother me at all when I say good-bye to it. ;^)

      Delete
  2. Spider plants are great for cleaning the air in your house, I have a couple and would also have taken them off you. What lovely detail on that pillow case. You are doing really well on the clearing out, it must feel like some weight has been lifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh... another twinge of regret just hit me. Maybe I should have just bought a bigger pot and repotted it. It's the hanging baby "spiders" that I don't particularly like. I remember in the 70's spider plants were (seemingly) everywhere and having baby plants hanging off appeared to me to be the goal. lol Looking them up just now and seeing how pretty a mature spider plant looks in a properly sized pot, I may have to give one another go in the future. When we're not in "pitching-out" mode. ;^)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You are so good about letting go! I'm really glad you are saving that trim though! What fun...games and Italian food! That definitely sounds like a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting for a charity to want to do a curbside pick up. I'm surprised there haven't been any around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete