Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Less is more - day 20

Today I ventured into the desk and shelves where I keep cookbooks and recipes.  My cookbook collection is way out of control, so this is the start of ending that madness.  

Twenty cookbooks or recipe booklets - outa here!



Since I'm all about owning my problem, I'll go head and confess... I had two copies of The Pioneer Woman Cookbook, and the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook.  And I have a NEW Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook, so maybe the older duplicate of the one above that I'm saving for now, I'll discard later.  And should I risk being heckled by tell you how many I'm keeping (for now)?  

Nah...  I'll let you guess - until I put up my post on Sunday 11/24. 

If you live in the continental U.S., and you want to participate, post your guess of how many cookbooks I still have in my collection.   The one who's closest can have her/his choice of any one of the above books (except the Pioneer Woman Cookbook - sorry...  I'm going to make that a Christmas gift).

Here's a list of what you can choose from (you can tell me later what you'd like if you're the winner):

Food for Dudes (board book)
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Recipes (board book)
Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less!
Working Mom's Fast & Easy One-Pot Cooking
Secrets of the Great Old-Time Cooks
Encyclopedia Brown Takes The Cake!
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook
First Ladies Cook Book
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Cookbook
Dinner's in the Freezer

Pamphlets (winner take all):
How to Grow the Tomato and 115 Ways to Prepare it for the Table by George W. Carver
Tasty Recipes for People with Diabetes and Their Families
Second Helping (My Slow Cooker)
Slow Cooker Suppers For The Cookingly Challenged
Mix It Up! 
Bisquick Party Book (vintage)
Favorite Christmas Cookies
Homemade for the Holidays
Irish Food & Fun (76 Recipe Cards)








9 comments:

  1. Good for you! Cookbooks are another difficult thing to part with, although they really shouldn't be because we can find pretty much any recipe we could ever want online. You're making a fun contest out of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I almost always look up a recipe online if it's not one I know where to find in one of my cookbooks. Over time, I'm going to cull through the remainder of my cookbooks (and I didn't mention magazines) and get that area more minimalized.

      Delete
  2. Are you kidding? You're trying to tempt the rest of us who are also trying to minimize/downsize? That's mean! LOL! I have Pioneer Woman (2 of hers but not the same ones) and I have the Fix it and Forget It so no thank you! LOL! I have gobs of cookbooks and pamphlets and a box of recipes printed out that I need to go through. It will be a tough one.....good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, I do see the irony here, Sam. So here's how it is. If nobody cares to guess, I don't have to fess up to how many cookbooks I still have. And I haven't even talked about the files of recipes I've printed out over the years. I have a problem. And this 30-Day challenge is only scratching the surface.

      Delete
  3. OK - I'm gonna guess - only because nobody else has! I'm going to say 34 (and no, I don't qualify for the drawing so don't count me in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny, Mary Anne. You just guessed so I'll have to fess up, right?

      Delete
  4. Good grief......I just culled my cookbooks a couple weeks ago. I could do it again with no issue. I was not going to guess but little devil on my should said to go for it so I will guess 47 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Mary Anne above is in Canada, you are the winner, Marsha. But you're still a ways off. I have 62 cookbooks left in my collection. And that doesn't include Taste of Home Magazines I'm still hanging onto, and 100's of recipes printed off. I'll be going through those after Thanksgiving. I'd love to get my recipe collection down to what I actually make (or realistically might make). I'm pretty sure I have your e-mail address. If not, I'll PM you through Rav to see if you'd like something from what I'm giving away. Thanks for playing! :)

      Delete
  5. I used to have a lot of cookbooks too. Gave away most when we moved. I hardly use them anyways; it's all about Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete